Friday, November 17, 2006

From trains to a Spooky Car

Some people leave their car in neutral, some leave it in gear. Me, well I am a neutral person. ALways have been. Just a fact of life. Finish work tonight, come out, get in the car, turn the key and "chunk". That, by the way, is the sound of a car in gear jerking forward as the ignition is turned. OK, I am a bit surprised. Maybe I just wasn't fully awake this morning. Turn the key again and the car starts. Strangely the radio doesn't come on. I listen to Radio 4 when I am driving so surprised the radio isn't on. Turn it on, static. Strange, should be tuned. Press the number 4, still static. Stranger, all the presets have cancelled. Look at the car clock, it registers one o'clock (no I didn't finish work early, it was 1830 hrs). Look at the mobile phone that I had left in the car, it is two hours fast.

Explain all that then. Battery was fine in the car (started with ease). Car had been locked. I tell you, spooky.

No comments: