Sunday, November 12, 2006

Rugby




So England slump to a defeat by Argentina. The first time Argentina have beaten them at Twickers. I remember going to seeing the Pumas at Twickers when I was 10 or 11. In those days Argentina were a rated side, recently they have slumped but it looks as though they are on the way back. Anyway this sounds as though it was a terible defeat. And no prospect of Jonny Wilkinson returning to save the country.

I have to admit that I can't gloat that much, at least Wales won but, in all honesty, a loss against the Pacific Islanders would have been even worse than the recurrent losses against Western Samoa during which ever World Cup you like to think of (a slight exagerration maybe, but only slight). And to really keep my feet on the ground Cardiff lost to Ebbw Vale 19-21, ten minutes before the end Cardiff were winning 19-9 then they just threw it away.

No comments: