Sunday, November 12, 2006

Thirty Minute Service

Our local church has introduced a 30 minute service. On the second Sunday each month they have a short service for families with children. All very relaxed, doesn't matter if the children make a noise, they get to join in with things and generally it is good fun. Couldn't help but smile today when the first song started as someone brought out boxes full of drums, tambourines, triangles and other noisy instruments. The children dived on them and soon the room was a cacophony. I smiled because it reminded me of Greenbelt Ops weekends and I just knew how S would have been loving it while L would have been trying to hide all the instruments down the back of a sofa!

2 comments:

1 i z said...

Oh good Lord! It sounds positively hellish...

Merlin said...

Thank you Liz. Knew I could rely on you. And I promise that whatever you are imagining, it was worse. Did I forget to mention that the vicar is versed in management speak.