Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Currently Listening to .....

Snow Patrol - Eyes Open

Someone who knows me very well recommended this to me. And she was right. I absolutely love this album. The lyrics are so powerful:

"Strain this chaos turn it into light I've got to see you one last night Before the lions take their share Leave us in pieces, scattered everywhere
Just give me a chance to hold on "

"Those three words Are said too much They're not enough
If I lie here If I just lay here Would you lie with me and just forget the world?
Forget what we're told Before we get too old To show me a garden that's bursting into life "

"Somehow everything I own smells of you And for the tiniest moment it's all not true
Do the things that you always wanted to Without me there to hold you back, don't think, just do
More than anything I want to see you go Take a glorious bite out of the whole world "

Some albums are good for the "now". They soon fade. I believe that Snow Patrol go past this, I believe that these songs will be in peoples heads for a long time, because the lyrics are raw and striking, the music itself sinks into your core and begs to have the volume turned up one more notch so you can feel the notes penetrating your body.

And to cap it all, written in a cottage that had been used by Kate Bush. Now that is a cottage that obviously has the power to inspire.

If you haven't yet heard this album, go buy it.

No comments: