Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Currently Listening to ...

OK, now I am feeling guilty. Because, of course, Snow Patrol isn't the only thing I am listening to. So I now feel a traitor to all those other wonderful groups.

The Dixie Chicks for instance. They stood up for what they believed in. They apologised for Bush (and ref my Slavery blog, yes Bush is something that can be apologised for as it is here, now, and the americans voted him in). For that they were ostracised. They received death threats. They were told that they would never get air time again. What did they do, they wrote "Not Ready To make Nice". Check out those lyrics for punch. The guts to stand up for their principles and the talent to turn it into an incredible album.

The new - Daniel Powter, McFly

The quirky - The Dear Janes (check out their incredibly weird website), Alan Parsons Project, Cowboy Junkies

The folk - Juliet Turner

Or the oldies - Jethro Tull, Chris Rea (and I know my "Stainsby Girl"), Elvis Costello, Eurythmics, The Jam, Runrig

and so many more. I don't listen to one thing. Ecletic.

1 comment:

Merlin said...

Thanks Sal. Only been here a month so I don't think it has taken you long.