Monday, November 27, 2006

Conservatory

After the last post maybe I should lighten the mood slightly.

One of the reasons that pushed us to getting the conservatory was that the back door needed replacing. The lock was giving out and the door could often be closed only with a bit of slamming and a lot of swearing. So we now have nice sliding doors leading from the ex-dining room to the conservatory. These doors are basically two big panes of glass, and offer an unrestricted view to the outside.

The other advantage is that the conservatory now joins the house to the garage. No longer a need to go out in the rain when taking washing to the washing machine. Excellent.

So a few days ago I needed a drill. I went out through the doors in to the garage. Found the drill, took a bit of time, filing system not perfect (maybe I shouldn't have destroyed the cabinet yesterday). Walked back to the house. I suspect many of you are ahead of me at this point. Load bang, sore nose (thankfully not bleeding). My wife had walked passed while I was in the garage and decided to close the sliding door. I didn't even notice and walked straight into it. I should add that my wifes main concern was the state of the new doors.

Have you seen those bird silhouettes to protect birds from flying in to windows? Do you know where I can get a person silhouette?

No comments: