Friday, March 02, 2007

Beam Me Up


The arch company are incredibly astute and all credit to them for some fantastic marketing. I try very hard not to eat there but it can be difficult when they are the only place around. I am impressed by the way they have quickly picked up on new technologies. They have recognised that wi-fi connections are becoming more common and have made sure that every one of their "restaurants" is a wireless connection zone. Undoubtedly the thought is that people in business want to make sure they keep in touch. They are trying to prey on the likes of me, if I spend a few days out of the office I can come back to a frightening number of emails so I try to check them as often as possible. McF think I will go and eat their food while checking my emails. And they are almost correct. But I don't like them. And I have found an achilles heel. So I will buy my sandwich or roll at a local bakery. Then I will drive to a nearby McF and park in their car park. Because the wi-fi extends to the car park as well, so I can sit in the car and work using their connection without having to buy a single thing. And I get a really sad level of enjoyment out of the feeling that I am sticking two fingers in their face.

No comments: