Monday, March 19, 2007

A Victory For Medicine


Thank the Lord for loperamide (the active ingredient to Imodium). I think I can say that without being hit by lightening, He has provided us with medicine. Anyway, by Saturday I was getting just a tad fed up with not managing to be far from a toilet. I really went for it on Saturday and didn't eat anything and only drank water. No good, that didn't work. Woke up Sunday thinking I had to find another way. Normally I am not a great fan of spasmolytics, if your body is trying to get rid of something then I usually think it knows what it is doing. However, in myself I was feeling much better, and I thought that, for once, my guts were wrong. I thought I had recovered from whatever bug it was, just my guts hadn't realised I had recovered. So I took some loperamide and started eating (obviously nothing heavy, but a bit). And hey presto, everything has settled down. Hooray.

{That's a recrystalized and microscopic picture of loperamide, cool hey}

1 comment:

1 i z said...

So glad you're feeling better hun.

Mind you I misread part of your post as:

"So I took some loperamide and started eating (obviously nothing heavy, but a bit). And hey pesto, everything has settled down."

Is basil good for the guts I pondered?