Friday, March 30, 2007

Did You Hear The One....


Last night I ate in the bar of the hotel so I could watch the cricket. I experienced a good demonstration of why people shouldn't talk about work when they are drunk. At the table next to me were 4 policemen, not uniformed but drug squad. Ignoring the fact that they were incredibly non-PC with their comments, especially considering one of their number was very quiet and happened to be a coloured woman, the conversation was not one that should have been overheard. A mixture of talking about their informants, how they just wanted to get in there and beat people up, and how they would lie and cheat to cover a colleagues back. The fact that they came from an area I know didn't help. Very interesting evening, but something I would have been better off not hearing.

No comments: