Thursday, March 15, 2007

Don't Look Back


I am reading this months Vanity Fair and there is an article about Kitty Carlisle Hart. I still don't really know who she is but I was struck by the fact that every morning, the first thing she does after getting up, is look at herself in the mirror and say "I forgive you for whatever you did yesterday". I think that this is an excellent way to start the day. My own philosophy has been to regret nothing and I think that these two thoughts come from the same place. That is that there is no point in dwelling on the past, what is done is done. If we live a life full of regrets, or not forgiving ourselves, then we will not enjoy the moments and not live life to the full, instead getting bogged down in the past.

1 comment:

1 i z said...

ah but I'd be lonely without my guilt ;-)