Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Know Thyself

I thought I knew Brussels. Yes, I know that is an incredibly stupid statement. But I have been coming to Brussels for two years for meetings. Now, the flaw in my theory was that I always stayed in the same hotel. I went for walks around the area and decided Brussels was nice. I have just realised that the hotel I stayed in was positioned in rather a posh area. Tonight I am staying in a different hotel because there is some sort of conference in town. And, for a start, I think that Comfort hotels should be sued for breach of contract. After all, somewhere called "Comfort Inn" should actually be comfortable. The hotel room is a box and there is no restaurant. But let's get past that. So I thought I had better go for a walk and find somewhere to eat. I turned left out of the hotel and, in retrospect, this was the wrong direction. Because I found out that left was the red light district. Hmm, a side of Brussels I have not previously seen.

No comments: