Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Seats To Die For


Ignoring the fact that approximately 10 people a year die on BA flights (don't expect me to fly BA again, I mean, what do they put in their food?) what can we learn from this story. BA moved a dead passenger to first class (for the second time in 6 months, different dead bodies obviously). Firstly we can discount the serious health and safety risks he is concerned about. It's a dead body, it's not going to sneeze over you is it. OK, so it won't want a hot towel after the meal but, to be honest, it probably hasn't got it's hand dirty anyway. Secondly, it won't have been snoring too loudly or playing an ipod, so probably not a great deal of disturbance to other passengers.

I just think this was someone who was annoyed that he had paid full fare for first class then someone got bumped up a grade!

2 comments:

1 i z said...

Would it be tasteless to quip "the lengths some people will go to, to get an upgrade..."?

sally said...

You didn't mention the sobbing, grieving daughter...that would be more off putting thatn the corpse...I am flying on monday..I'll try that and see if I get an upgrade...personally I think the body should be put in the cheap seats....