Monday, April 16, 2007

Big Enough


I have no doubt that this lady was treated badly. Certainly claims of sexism and being pushed out seem reasonable. But sueing for £1.3 million. How can that be justified? She was on a salary of £70k so how on earth can that multiply up to £1.3 million? That's almost 14 years of work (for her, for some that is over what they could ever see in a lifetime).

We live in a society that is becoming more and more litigatious and this is not good. If we are poorly treated then we should have recourse to justice but it is imperative that we don't try to abuse the system. The more that some people abuse and misuse the system the less there wil be for the truly deserving. The more the big companies will simply wrap themselves up with lawyers to protect them. The less daring and innovative companies will beome for fear of being taken to court. I would be happy for this person to win something, but to win what she is after would be a crying shame.

1 comment:

sally said...

When I was temping in an office, aged about 19, trying my best with an unfamiliar phone system, I overheard a blokey mutter, 'How can someone so ugly be so stupid?' if I knew who he was I would sue him now, he has blighted my life....at the time I just laughed and accepted it as something soemone said..no thoughts of suing then!!!!