Wednesday, April 25, 2007

The Official Office


Half way through the morning the window cleaners came in. I hardly ever see them because I am out on the road but today I was in. And before cleaning the inside of my windows they openned the blinds. I felt like I was in a comedy horror (me screaming "bright light, bright light", I just needed someone to spill water on me). I hadn't realised how dark my room was. You see my desk, which is "L" shaped is positioned in the corner so I am facing the window. But opposite my window is a white wall and the sun reflecting off it is very bright. So I have got used to keeping the blinds semi-closed. The wash of sunlight into the room was nice though. I couldn't keep my desk where it was and the blinds open because I was squinting so much I couldn't see anything, so I decided to rearrange the room. As I finished some others walked by and asked me if I had filled in a health and safety form for rearranging the room. For a moment I believed them!

I now face into the room and towards the door so I can see straight up the corridor (ha, hours of fun people watching). But the desk cuts across the room, something I have avoided for 6 years as I feel that a desk can easily feel like a barrier. Not sure about the new layout, yes I have more natural light which has to be good, but my office now feels like, well to be honest, an "office".

I will give it a week then decide if I should go back to the old layout.

No comments: