Sunday, April 01, 2007

AF


I suppose now would be a good time to tell people what my plans are. I have had to keep this secret but this is the right time. I have been in discussion with the Alaskan Fisheries (AF) for a job that they have for a vet. There have been concerns recently about diminishing numbers of orcas (killer whales) and the AF need to look into this in more detail. We have a number of theories including a migration of polar bears to the east because of global warming so that there is less food for the orcas or an orca that escaped from captivity disurpting pods so that they are not managing to breed. We have had to keep it quiet but the necessary documentation has come through and they have found accommodation for me. It is all going to be a bit of a rush and I am moving out there after Easter.

3 comments:

1 i z said...

Wow! Is this a permanent position or a short term thing?

Sarah said...

OR an April fool?

1 i z said...

Ooops! In my defence, all sense of time has been beyond me of late...