Friday, April 06, 2007

More Ouch


So neither the painkillers or the wine have kicked in. Not a happy bunny. Now, I have to admit that I am fairly used to back pain. When I was a meer whippersnapper (or young student anyway) I was out in the car with a vet one day when he decided to overtake a tractor. Unfortunately the tractor turned right and we hit the back wheel and bounced back off across the road. Now, to be fair to the vet, it wasn't his fault, the tractor driver had not fixed up the electrics on his trailor (which he tried to surreptitiously do before the police arrived). None the less, this didn't do my back much good. Then I followed the exaple of many a young vet when I qualified and had a number of my own accidents. Including one where I put my Astra under a lorry, turned the Astra into a rather sporty looking drop-nose model, and my dog slept through the whole thing. So I live with a certain amount of discomfort day to day anyway. But this is different, it isn't ususally lower back and hips. No matter how bad things get I have been able to touch my toes. But not today. Today my toes seem an extra 5 feet away from me and the idea of touching them impossible. I feel very old. Please make me borg.

1 comment:

1 i z said...

"But this is different, it isn't ususally lower back and hips"

Maybe you're pregnant?

Only trying to help... ;-)