Thursday, April 19, 2007

In The Footsteps of Lloyd George


So I was in London last night for the NOAH dinner. It was a good evening, an opportunity to get dressed up in the DJ, always something I enjoy. Luckily I got to London early because as I checked into the hotel I suddenly realised that I had forgotten to pack the studs for my dress shirt. Wandering around London you can rapidly realise how many shops there are with clothes for women while there is hardly anything for men. However I did find some rather nice studs (and also accidentally managed to buy some new cufflinks at the same time). Dinner was at the National Liberal Club. in the library. A fantastic room, very elegant and beautifully decorated, stunning pillars. The after dinner speaker was "different", in that I have never seen someone read 5 pages of a book before, especially when the book wasn't written by him (although he might have had time in the early 90's when he was stranded on an island), but the food, the wine, and the company were all enjoyable.

Just a pity I had to be back in MK at 0900 hrs this morning for training.

No comments: