Thursday, April 26, 2007

Something For The Weekend


I had to pop into the chemist today. I walked in and was instantly greeted by two very nice, attractive, young female assistants. This was very pleasant, having them vying for my attention (OK, look, I know that it was just that I was the first customer they had seen in 15 minutes but I am nearly 40, bear with me, I need to make the most of whatever attention I can get). Anyways, I smiled and started joking with them. All very nice. Then I remembered why I had gone in. There is no way that you can drop the word "imodium" into a conversation and continue flirting (in fact, to tell you the truth, and you probably don't want to know this, I am beginning to think I have irritable bowel syndrome because if it isn't irritable it is certainly d..n annoying.). It would have been so much easier if it had been something innocent like, I don't know, condoms perhaps.

5 comments:

sally said...

As an IBS sufferer myslef, (yes, I know, too much information, but you started it..yoou shouldn't be taking immodium as this ahs gone on for far too long..you should go to the doctor..I have tablets for it that work very well...so now you know x

Merlin said...

Bit of clarification here, I have been OK since the last mini-series on this topic. I would say please remember that I have a medical background, but that is probably the worst thing as the bare footed children of a cobbler come to mind. For some reason it was simply a bad day.

1 i z said...

"please remember that I have a medical background"

But isn't that veterinarian in nature?

And you my lovely Merlin, are not a horse's arse in any sense; so listen to Aunty Sally and take your shoeless cobbler's son's feet to the GP if this crops up again.

We promise, they rarely use tranquilliser darts on humans...

And even if they do, htey won't prod you with sticks before entering the cage ;-)

Merlin said...

OK, now to draw a line under this topic of conversation. Any "issues" I ahve are a left over from when I let the doctors tear out my gall bladder. I will know if I need to go to the doctor OK (and as a vet I do believe I know more than them anyway)

sally said...

Oooooh..Liz, I think we touched a raw nerve there.....