Friday, May 18, 2007

Because You're Worth It


The "Luxuriant Flowing Hair Club for Scientists". How weird is that? The thing that is really weird is that there appear to be more men than women in the club. Although (and I am so sorry for the following, but it's true) some are difficult to decide. I do love this picture though, I think she is going to milk some radioactive cows.

I actually found the LFHCS by accident as I was looking for the "IG Nobel" awards. Took me a little while to work out why they were called that. These are given every year for science that cannot or, more importantly will not, be repeated. Such as the "neuticle", replacement testicles for dogs that have lost theirs (careless) and available in different sizes (fair enough) and different consistencies (more worrying). Or the award in medicine for "Termination of Intractable Hiccups with Digital Rectal Massage" (it's all right, I am allowed to say that, it's science). The pure threat of which would cure me of hiccups. How about the peace prize for creating the amusement park "Stalin World". Or computer science award for software that detects when a cat is walking across your keyboard. jihui ipbiuFHHgnno j894y5779 56yngnnnlnbjnb\jnbjknjnweuhguihgjsnvbjnb o j jo no n jon on ui uyg iononui yygui jo

No comments: