Saturday, May 12, 2007

Euro

It would be a mistake to start watching the Eurovision with anything in your mind other than pastiche and farce. However each year manages to outdo the last. How on earth did Serbia win? Block (or "Bloc") voting is really the only answer. And it is one of those moments when we realise how few people like the Brits. Even the countries like Belgium and Portugal who owe us quite a lot (having rescued them from some interesting dictators) manage to ignore us. And I really believe that Scooch wasn't that bad. They deserved to be in the top 5 (actually not because of how good they were but because of the level of the competition). Had I voted I would have gone for France. Possibly one of the first times I have ever wanted France to win something but their act brought tears to my eyes, it was so funny. But I would have liked Russia to win, I seem to remember the song was quite catchy, but the girls definitely stick in the mind.

No comments: