Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Gloop


It's no secret that I have been spending this week in Scotland (I don't think I was actually banished) for Strangles Awareness Week. I seem to be living in hotels at the moment. Considering how many hotels I have stayed in over the last 6 years I am amazed that I only discovered something very important tonight (and suspect my lack of knowledge of it ranks on the nescafe scale of ignorance (see comments)).

Tonights meeting finished late and there was no food. By the time I got back to the hotel (which I wasn't going to name but have changed my mind, poor service, rooms not ready, apathetic staff - Ramada Perth) the restaurant and bar service had closed down. I considered going to get fish and chips but they said that there was some hot food on the 24 hour room service and I could have that in the bar. So I ordered the chicken and mushroom tagliatelle. What I learned was that you shouldn't order hot food once the kitchen has closed. In hindsight it is fairly obvious that they have bowls of tagliatelle on the off chance it may be ordered and then stick it in the microwave. Rather than pasta it was something that would do well filling the holes in the wall.

I really should have gone for the fish and chips, standing in the rain would have been better and more enjoyable.

2 comments:

Caroline said...

my recent stay at the Ramada Hatfield however was really rather excellent - the sevice, catering, and disabled access were all superb, - including out of hours room service...but then i didn't have the tagliatelle!

Merlin said...

I will simply say that I don't think you would have been quite so impressed by the access in Perth