Thursday, May 24, 2007

Secret Week


A very masonic week really. Tuesday was the Lodge rehearsal. Last night was a Chapter rehearsal. Tonight was the Chapter meeting. Considering I only started learning the Chapter words 5 days ago it went fairly well. It wasn't that I was being lazy but rather there is so much Lodge stuff to learn my main focus has been on that. Now I have to admit to being slightly annoyed with myself tonight. What I can get word perfect in the car didn't quite come out right in the meeting. Bit like my old school reports "could do better". But generally people seemed happy with my efforts, and at least I was trying without the book as a prompt. I am looking for perfection though, and I disappoint myself when I fail, even if it isn't at a level that others really notice. I have to tell myself that the people I respect, such as our Director of Ceremonies, seem to be happy with my attempts.

No comments: