Sunday, May 13, 2007

DIY

A couple of weeks ago we broke "A"s bed. I think it was her jumping on it but it did seem to coincide with me sitting on the bed. Didn't help my complex about my weight. But I digress. Bed broken meant we had to look at getting a new bed. Which, in turn, meant looking at bunk beds. I had a bunk bed and think they are fun as well as being quite good space wise. We found a bunk bed and "A" was very keen on the idea. Which, in turn, meant that I had to start thinking about redecorating the bedroom. Which, in turn, meant I had to think about removing the built in cupboards. It also meant we let "A" choose her own colours, she has gone for pink and lilac (thank God I am colour blind). Anyway, last weekend I took the upper cupboards down with limited damage to the walls or to me. This weekend I took down the wardrobe. All fairly successful. Except I found out that the previous owners weren't as careful as I would have liked. The wardrobe was covering some reasonably large holes in the wall. So now I have holes to fill before we can start the painting.

No comments: