Tuesday, May 29, 2007

A Number 37 Please


We have a very good Chinese restaurant that delivers. Well, had. The restaurant closed down, which lead to a panicky phone call a couple of weeks ago to check if they still did the delivery. Luckily yes. Then yesterday I rang for a take away. Number not recognised. More panic. Why would the number not be recognised unless it was disconnected. Why disconnected if the place hadn't shut down completely. Potential disaster. Yes, I realise this might be a slight over-reaction but a good chinese is hard to come by. So this evening, before I started cooking, I thought I would just ring and see if anyone answered. And they did. Hurray. Of course I couldn't exactly just say I was ringing to see if they were open. So at great hardship I had to order something. Oh deary me!

And now we have to hide all the evidence because if "A" finds out, who is less than 5 years old you will remember, then "J" and I won't hear the end of it.

No comments: