Monday, December 11, 2006

Big Brother

An amazing 20% of the worlds CCTV cameras now have their residence in the UK. If there was only the UK and the USA then that statistic would be just about OK, although still too high (we make up 17% of the total population of the two countries combined). But what about the rest of the world. I don't actually know how many people are on the planet at the moment, but I think it is fair to say that we have more than our fair share of CCTV. I don't have any problem with the cameras, per se, as I do not think they are likely to catch me doing anything too bad, I am a generally law abiding citizen. But the principle is a different thing. Why do we need so much more surveillance than anybody else? We really do live in a Big Brother society, and I don't mean channel 4.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I liked your neutrino joke!! Nice blog, I'll come back to it soon. Have a good day tommorow!

Merlin said...

Thank you Anonymous. Glad you like it.