Thursday, December 14, 2006

Election

I had such a wonderful night last night. As well as a third degree ceremony for our Lodge, it was also our election night. And I was elected by the other brethren. This means that the next ceremony I get installed as the Master of the Lodge for the forthcoming year. This is a great priviledge. I am especially lucky because this is my fathers Lodge as well and he was Master in 1998, just before I joined. It is nice to be able to follow in his footsteps. He proposed the toast to me last night at the Festive Board (the meal after the lodge meeting) and that was a very special moment. To be the Master is an honour and is not to be taken lightly, but I know I have the support of my brethren and that we can grow the Lodge over the next year.

This does mean that I will now have to read as many books as I can in the next few months. Once I am in the Chair it will be a very busy year, there is a lot to learn for the ceremonies and I can't see me having a chance to read again for another 12 months.

No comments: