Friday, December 01, 2006

Thank You

I do owe my thanks to a couple of people today.

One supported me and backed me when others could have blamed me. She made me realise that I hadn't completely misunderstood the situation. That we have both thought something different was happening. That sheer incompetance on my part wasn't just annoying people. In fact I hadn't demonstrated incompetance. And she backed my decisions at the moment that tough choices were needed.

The other sat me down and talked. Talked about where I am and where I could be. Let me know the impression I made, the feelings people had for me and, hard to admit, that some people, people whose opinion I value highly, also thought well of me. This is someone who I trust, and on more than one occasion I have done well to listen to. Someone who is incredibly open and who I believe will never let politics get in the way. And someone who is very busy but can always find time.

Both those ladies, I say thank you. A really deep felt thank you. Today was a good day, but it was a good day because of you.

No comments: