Friday, December 29, 2006

Feeling Viral


I seem to have a virus. Well, my computer does. How it managed to slip past my security systems is an interesting question and one that makes me think that Norton Internet Security is roughly equivalent to Night Security on mainstage (hmm, that might open me up to a lynching from a few people who understand that). It is making collecting emails a nightmare. I have about 3 minutes from turning the computer on until I get a buffer overrun (whatever that is). During those three minutes I can get emails but after that the email programme throws a wobbly, I can look at old emails but not download new ones. Something weird about not being able to rename MAPI.DLL. Of course I need to get emails to correspond with the Norton makers to find out what my problem is, possibly a sense of irony sneaking in.

For the last hour and a half I have been running an on-line viral scan of my computer and I am so bored. I think I have too many files on my computer.

Someone is now going to tell me I should have severed my broadband line and cut myself off from the digital age. Who knows, maybe reading this blog is the computer equivalent to shaking hands with someone who just sneezed into their hands.

No comments: