Friday, December 29, 2006

Viral Update


After over two hours of scanning for viruses I get a report that my computer is clean. Go on to the next step of the instructions. Again clean. So the final and ultimately unsatisfying option was to uninstall the security system. That done I can now get emails again. Hurray. Unfortunately I am completely insecure (or maybe that should be unsecured but the first seems more appropriate). Can't get the security system to reinstall. Oh sugarlumps (my daughter is saying this instead of swearing and it seems to roll off the tongue quite well in moments of frustration).

How come I can fix animals (which are, let's face it, fairly complex, lot of important pieces needing to all do the right things) but a blasted computer (wires, limited moving parts, no significant internal plumbing and no ability to kick, bite or scratch) defeats me!

1 comment:

sally said...

Oh, join the club..they defeat us all....