Saturday, December 23, 2006

Rollercoaster Madness

Having discovered that "A" likes rollercoasters we promise to go on Thunder Mountain again. I am very happy but have to admit "J" is not overjoyed by this speed freak of a daughter we appear to have. So the plan is immediately we get to the park we go to Thunder Mountain. We get there and it is closed, apparently a technical fault. "J" looks happier but, not to be daunted, I hope that the tracks are just slightly frozen and that things will be OK later and I get three fastpass tickets. So we go to "Pirates of the Caribbean instead, marked as "scary for younger children". Give it a go and "A" comes off that one as well saying it was great. She had better not tell me she is scared of the dark again, that's all I can think.

She still enjoys the more "cute" rides so we go on "It's a Small World" (one of the most annoying tunes imagineable accompanies this ride). "A" has the camera, for a 4 year old I think she shows good composition, especially when you consider she was in a moving boat at the time.

We go back to Thunder Mountain at the alloted time, as we come around the corner we can see a bit of the track and I say "great, it's working", then it dawns on me that there is a "train" on the track with people in the carriages but it isn't moving. Maybe not so good. Get to the gate to find it is closed again with a technical fault. Those people must be freezing.

Three hours later I decide we should just have one last attempt. We get there and it's running. So we go through the fastpass queue (10 minutes as opposed to 90 minutes in the normal queue, why doesn't everyone use the fastpass?). Just as we get in the carriage I suddenly wonder how sensible it is to be going on a very fast ride with a 4 year old that I know has already broken down twice that day (the ride not "A" that is). Anyway, it didn't break down, "A" kept her eyes open the whole time, screamed the entire ride, and got off with an amazingly big smile. This is us after the ride. Wonderful.

No comments: