Friday, December 01, 2006

Holiday

I have to sell some holiday. I just have too much left this year. I am able to carry some days across but that still leaves me with some. And it really annoys me. Don't get me wrong, I am very grateful that my employers let me sell holiday back to them, it is an excellent idea. It's just something I have tried to avoid for years. The reason I don't want to do it is because I don't want Gordon Brown getting yet more of my money. It seems completely wrong that I can be taxed on money that is my holiday money. After all I don't see Gordon coming along and pushing me off my deck chair on the beach for 2 out of 5 days (not that I go for holidays on the beach but it wouldn't sound quite the same if I referred to him pushing me out of a museum). Holidays are an entitlement, so the fact that I have been unable to fit enough in this year shouldn't mean more money gets taken from me. Doesn't seem fair.

No comments: