Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Christmas Tree

When the Christmas decs were put up last weekend "J" rang me at Ikea to tell me that the 120 light set for the tree had broken. On the way back I had a rush to the head and stopped off to buy some new ones. Only got a 250 set. That was to go with the 40 light set that was still working (we are only talking about the tree here, I have lights everywhere). Got home. I put on the 250 set, then the 40's (on the tree obviously, I know my "A" decorated herself but I am not that sad). Looked good so I left the girls to it while I put together the furniture. They did a great job - tinsel, beads, baubles, golden sparkly stuff etc. Wonderful, until an hour later the 250 light set (that's right, the new ones) proceeded to give up. Of course they were the "bottom" layer, there was no way to get them off without dismantling the lot. Tonight I managed to get the original 120 light set to work (found the dodgy bulb, then another hour trying to find a replacement) so I stripped the tree down, changed lights and redecorated. Very pleased with the result, but I do need to get some more lights for next year. My motto is "never too many lights at Christmas".

Just had a strange thought ref the Nuclear posting - I have more lights on my tree than the UK has nuclear bombs. Not sure what that means or even why it is relevant, but it was a strange thought.

No comments: