Monday, December 18, 2006

eBay

I have just sold a dining table on eBay. I often sell small things, such as Masonic jewels, but every so often go for something big. Now that we have bought new furniture for the conservatory we need to get rid of some of the old furniture. It was a good table though and would have been a pity to break it up. I did think the problem was how to fit it in the post!

Of course we offered it for collect only. The winners contacted us only for me to find that they lived just around the corner from my parents. If only I had known a week ago I could have taken it to them. As it was they had to drive 3 hours in the rain, squeeze it in the back of their car and then drive back. Long way for a table.

Not only do they live around from my parents but the husbands sister actually lives almost opposite my parents. And the farmhouse they have just moved into was one I visited when seeing practice as a young boy hoping to be a vet. Life is just full of coincidences.

No comments: