Friday, December 22, 2006

Disneyland Paris


We are greeted by the perfect day, not a cloud in the sky, and head off to Disneyland, all very excited. Within an hour of being there I have seen snow. Real, melt in the hand, cold, stuff. I am amazed that Mickey has that much power, but it brings a smile to my face. The next few days prove to be so much fun that "A" develops a habit of spontaneously breaking into dance, I almost feel as though I am caught up in a musical.

As "J" and "A" join the queue for Winnie the Pooh I sneak off to Space Mountain - Mission 2. Excellent rollercoster, I suspect two loop-the-loops and at least one barrel roll but as it is all in the dark I can't say for sure. I get back and the two off them are still in the queue for Winnie, I may not have been missed but the tears in my eyes from the ride gave me away.

Quite a lot of the day is spent meeting characters but we manage some rides. Late on I have this mad idea to try taking "A" on a fast rollercoaster. She seems up for it and I know she likes speed. She has to stand on tiptoe to get through the height restriction but we get on Thunder Mountain. It sets off, a lot of screaming, dark tunnels and very rapid turns. I look at "A", her eyes are closed. "Whoops" I think, overestimated that one. It stops, we get off, and "A" starts laughing saying she wants to do it again. I didn't overestimate, she loved it and it was her favourite ride of the break.

We see the Disney parade. Front row as we get in position half an hour before it starts. I like the parade. At the end though they have these wooden soldiers, 12 of them marching in time, with wooden boots. Honestly it is like a Christmas version of the cybermen.

And Disney at night. The lights. It is just beautiful. Amazing to see.

No comments: