Monday, January 15, 2007

Ace


Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Normally I am a "shower" person. But in hotels I tend to go for baths as they take longer and I have time to kill. And I have got into the habit of watching DVDs while I am in the bath (for those worried about my safety, I do realise about the general rule that electricity and water do not mix, the laptop is on a chair away from the bath).

I just watched "Dimension Jump" from Red Dwarf series 4, the introduction of Ace Rimmer. It is a classic episode, and has me laughing out loud. Cat with a broken leg more worried about the fact he is bleeding and red doesn't go with his apricot suit than the fact he is dying. Told he might get gangrene he is happy because he thinks he can "pull off" green and apricot. Holly going ga-ga when she meets Ace for the first time. So many moments.

So, smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

No comments: