Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Twiddling


In what may be considered, for me, a slightly unusual moment, I obviously worried about the costs of flights to and from Brussels. I must have gone for a cheaper flight because there is no other way to explain the fact that I am stuck at Brussels airport for over 4 hours waiting for my flight to depart. No, it is not delayed, I just seem to have chosen a late flight. It is always difficult getting the timing right, I have had to leave the IFAH meeting early before now to get to my flight (I will leave you to find out what IFAH stands for), and I prefer to leave plenty of time spare, but this is ridiculous.
On top of it all, I didn't sleep at all well last night and I am really not looking forward to the drive home. One option would be be stoke up on coffee now, but then I would need to repeatedly go to the loo on the plane and that just doesn't seem a good idea. I will have to go for a power nap on the plane instead in the hope that will help (and I have just realised that I chose an aisle seat rather than window so sleeping will be harder).
Huh. When did the terms "jet setter" and "glamour" get put together?

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I used to do that all the time when booking trains back from meetings in London. I'd either leave the meeting an hour before the end (booked too early) or hang around at Euston station for about 3 hours (booked too late...). It's a tricky one to judge...

Anonymous said...

google says...

International Federation for Animal Health

Merlin said...

And the Crackerjack pen goes to Anonymous (and I might even throw in a rubber cow)