Thursday, January 25, 2007

In Dubious Taste


I am in the mood to admit something embarrassing tonight. After due consideration I feel it should be musical. So, although I like to think of myself as musically educated and with good taste, I am now going to admit that I like McFly and the the latest Take That album. Oh dear.

Let us consider Take That first. I bought their latest album for "J" for Christmas. I didn't think I would ever listen to it. However it has made its way on to itunes so the wonderful shuffle will sometimes play it. And I have discovered that they have gone all folkey, traditional, ballads. I have yet to hear it all but there are really some nice tracks on it.

And McFly. Well, it is simply that they are fun. They have loads of energy about them. They remind me of "The Monkeys" (I would like to point out that I am not old enough to know the Monkeys from their first time around but I used to watch the repeats on TV).

3 comments:

sally said...

Oh dear..they were The Monkees...and I was there the first time round and in lvoe with Davy JOnes....in fact i gave up Paul McCartney for him, who was my Big Love of All Time..for a bit...

Stuart said...

I think I'm left speechless!

Merlin said...

OK, I was entering that blog after a three hour drive to the middle of nowhere (well, Darlington), I have had a long couple of days. I am allowed a typo. I knew it was "ee" not "ey". I did. Honest. Would I lie to you. Oh b.....r you don't believe me do you.