Thursday, January 18, 2007

The Great Sex Divide


If ever anything could fully demonstrate the divide between men and women it would be watching TV. We (maybe that should be I) have now bought all seven series of the West Wing (this is justified by the fact that we were using Amazon DVD rental service but getting problems so I have unsubscribed, however while you subscribe you get 10% off all DVD purchases so I had a limited window during which I could save money, you have to admire my logic). So most nights we end up watching it because there really is nothing else on. West Wing is gripping, even when you can't fully understand the USA politics. So we are watching one of the final episodes in series two (only another 5 series to go) when Charlie realises something important. We are not privy to it. That is the point. We are supposed to wonder. We have to wait. Why can't women wait! "J" starts going "what, what's wrong, what was important about the form" and I just want to watch and wait for it to unfold. It is supposed to be a moment of tension. I may have glared!

No comments: