Monday, January 22, 2007

No Fly Zone


BA cabin crew are threatening to go on strike. Apparently they resent the more aggressive management style now being enforced. Yes, if I was no longer allowed to average 22 days sick a year I am sure I would resent it as well. The union official refuses to say if he thinks 22 days might be a tad excessive! Cabin crew doesn't strike me as the most stressful of jobs (unless you are scared of flying I suppose). I do realise that it probably isn't as glamorous as it seems but generally most of the flights I have been on have passed without incident. Apart from one where someone was taken sick and the captain really did ask over the tannoy if there was a doctor on board (and lucky for them there must have been a medical convention, we ended up with a couple of doctors looking at the woman and about 6 others hovering around wanting a turn, stethoscopes in hand - it's actually quite worrying watching doctors pacing around desperate to treat something, you feel you should jump up and do some star jumps to demonstrate just how healthy you are). I can understand it might be stressful for EasyJet crew as well, I would hate to wear that orange.

No comments: