Tuesday, January 09, 2007

And Also

On a roll, I have also won the school tote. This was good because it funded a chinese take-away (I recommend Chopsticks restaurant if you are passing Northampton). I am a little vague on the rules (of the tote, not the chinese take-away, the rules for the chinese take-away are that you pay when they knock at your door), I think we put in a small donation each week, some of the money goes to the school, and some goes to the winner. I was quite pleased with my haul of £30.

However, to demonstrate that gambling is a bad thing, the tote, much like the raffle, is leading to disagreement and dissent in the household. In this case with "J". I firmly believe that I won the tote as I believe that I completed the form (this is based on the well established rule that I do anything that requires an element of luck). "J" is trying to claim that it was, in fact, herself who filled it in. This is plainly impossible owing to the simple fact that we could not have won if she had touched the form, but I am having trouble making her understand my logic.

No comments: