Friday, January 19, 2007

Smoke, Mirrors


Dealing with the media can be quite fun. Tonight we were watching West Wing (I know, great surprise there) and CJ didn't answer a question from the press. When they point this out she says something along the lines of "really, go figure". And it puts me in mind of today. Now, let's be honest, the media may not distort but they certainly can cherry pick. This means that there always has to be a degree of care when talking to the media. Well today I need to know an answer to an dilemma. I sent my question to our PR company and they replied within an hour. I read the reply. A bit later they phoned about something else, but I turned the conversation around to my query. I think my comment was "if you hadn't trained me in the first place I would never have noticed that you didn't answer my question".

No comments: