Friday, January 05, 2007

Ashes - Day 4, Sydney

What is most upsetting about England losing to the Aussies is the lack of fight and of spirit. We could of lost and this still been an enjoyable series, in fact the first two matches were enjoyable, but as it became obvious that few players would stand up and be counted (well done to Pietersen, Panesar and Cook however) then it all became inevitable.

Just set a total of 46 to get in their second innings the end was going to come quickly. And it did. Little can be said really.

Anyway, I am a man of honour and I have spent the day wearing the Aussie cricket shirt. I regret making the bet now but it seemed reasonable that we would win at least one match. What made it worse is that I had two meetings with external agencies today so I had to explain why I was dressed like this:

No comments: