Thursday, January 25, 2007

Back to London


I have just realised that I didn't tell you why I went to London yesterday. I had a meeting at the EMEA offices. They are based at Canary Wharf (which seems strange for a European group, kind of expect them to be in Brussels). We had a pharmacovigilance meeting to attend. Fascinating. I am always amazed by people who can not only remember rules but also quote the relevant article without any references in front of them. I couldn't do history at school because I couldn't remember dates, I didn't pass psychology because I couldn't remember who wrote what (I could remember the important bits about what it meant but not who first thought of it, in itself there is probably some psychology in that). So for someone to say "according to article 45 ..." stuns me. And the set up of the meeting room. You have seen pictures of meetings in the EU. It was just like that. Little signs saying "United Kingdom", "Espana, Spain", "Polska, Poland", "Deutschland, Germany" etc with the representatives sitting behind. I loved it, great day.

No comments: