Friday, January 12, 2007

One Day match - Melbourne


I have been desperately trying to think of an excuse not to post this, but in reality I can't. It was another bad day for the England team. Not only were they squarely beaten but also one of the few decent players we have ended up with a broken rib. Hell of a ball. Fairly sure I wouldn't have got up again afterwards. Pietersen was playing his usual brilliant way, sixes and fours peppered around the ground, but after a serious bodyblow from McGrath he was never going to stay out there, despite his efforts, and an attempt at a six which he would have got another time instead saw him caught. After that the team petered out in the way we have come to expect.

My aussie colleague made me watch the last few overs (break in the sales conference) and it was not pleasant to watch. I am actually not sure how you manage to keep out on the field playing when there are 39 balls left, 8 wickets in hand, and only needing 2 runs.

No comments: